Sunday, December 20, 2015

December 9 - 15

We spent the week of December 9 - 15 at the Mustang Island State Park.  We went into Corpus Christi to visit the Botanical Gardens, the South Texas Aquarium and the aircraft carrier Lexington. We spent one afternoon at the Padre Island National Seashore riding our bikes on the beach.

Mustang Island

Our route from Galveston Island to Mustang Island.

Campsite on Mustang Island.  We didn't see any mustangs.


Fog.  It was strange a couple of mornings that there was fog, 

and wind, and yet it was warm!



Snoozing on one foot.


Terns on the beach


Island sunset 





We went aboard the air-craft carrier Lexington in Corpus Christi.

Guess who.

I found this gorgeous lightening whelk shell on the beach right where
we boarded the Lexington.  Hermie was very good at hiding inside the
shell.  I had no idea that there was somebody in there,  The shell
was a bit crusty so I soaked it in hot soapy water and scrubbed it.  It
kept moving around to different places and even showed up on the bottom
step of the motor-home. Finally I saw his little legs.  I felt so bad for
all the abuse I gave him.  Yes, he's blowing bubbles. He seemed very much alive
when we sent him back to the ocean.  I hope he makes it.
Corpus Christi waterfront and marina.


Outdoor cafes abound in Corpus Christi.  We had seafood gumbo.






No comments:

Post a Comment